DevOps is a collaborative methodology, which connects the development and operations teams of an IT company to increase its productivity. Today, each recognized IT company creates a role of DevOps Engineer or developer to make the IT processes so cool and good.
DevOps engineer aims to shorten the product or software development life cycle. They’re always working with system operators and software developers and other IT staff of production to oversee new code deployments and releases.
Skills Need for DevOps Engineer
All major IT organizations appoint DevOps Engineers to oversee different aspects of IT operations. Problem-solving skill is important for all IT staff to improve business outcomes. To become a DevOps engineer, they need some technical and non-technical skills.
- Excellent background in operating systems administration like Windows, Linux, and more.
- Deep experience with a different range of configuration management and automation tools.
- A smart understanding of scripting and coding with trendy and traditional programming languages like PHP, Python, Java, and more.
- They must have the ability to find, assess, and integrate different open source innovations and cloud services.
- A robust IT operations and hardware background with expertise in storage, servers, network installation, monitoring and provisioning.
- Collaborative and supportive management skills in team surroundings, as well as excellent customer-facing management abilities.
- They need a robust knowledge of virtualization technologies
- Exceptional communication skill is a basic necessity to become a DevOps Engineer.
DevOps Tool Chain Familiarity and Understanding
Aggregation of communication and collaboration will not only make an engineer the best DevOps developer. They need to use some assortment tools which are supportive of the software delivery visions.
- Continuous Integration Servers
- Version Control
- Deployment automation
- Infrastructure Orchestration
- Network Protocols
- Cloud Quality and Testing tools
- Analytics and Monitoring
Sync with QA Team
DevOps developers should be in touch with QA subordinates at all times.
- They should understand the testing operations that happen
- Should aware of testing throughout the CD/CI cycle
- Should understand environments and frameworks that are led by QA.
Non-functional DevOps Skills
Beyond necessary soft skills, all the DevOps engineers need to be excellent in tracking or monitoring production setup and performance measurements, as well as cloud and security administrations.
DevOps Career Path
The growth of DevOps career path mostly depends on their proficiency in managing various automation tools and other procedures. List of DevOps job roles are
- Release Manager
- Automation Architect
- Software Developer
- Security Engineer
- Utility Technology Player
DevOps Engineer Responsibilities
As the DevOps engineers, they should coordinate with various departments in the IT enterprise. Some key responsibilities are listed here.
- Improving the IT infrastructure designs
- Answer all the related questions of the IT assignment
- Performance testing of IT systems
- Build and automate software plug-ins that reduce loads of IT teams
- Help to remove or expel TTD and minimize TTM through perfect reporting and monitoring IT systems.
How Company is benefited from DevOps Engineer?
IT enterprises can reap the benefits of DevOps by properly handling tools and procedures.
- Quicker delivery of features
- Stable operational environments
- Improved collaboration and communication
- Get more time to concentrate on future products
As IT industries are embracing DevOps methodologies to improve the delivery of software products with enhanced security, the bright future for DevOps will stay alive. There are many top institutes that offer DevOps course that helps many graduates to get a job in this important field. However, youngsters need prior experience to be successful in the career of DevOps engineer.
Are you looking for DevOps Engineer Job? At QR Solutions Pvt Ltd, we have multiple openings for DevOps developers.