Marketing has been a key function of business for the last couple of decades. We’re living in the digital era, and social media platforms have become a suitable place for advertisements and the promotion of products or services.
The rise of digital platforms creates more job opportunities in the sector of digital marketing. Both Small and Large industries Prefer digital Platforms to market their products, acquire new customers and impress existing customers and more. This has forced a paradigm shift in most educated youngsters preferring digital marketing jobs.
Advancement in technology and sophistication in society has contributed to significant growth in the Digital marketing career in the last decade. To be successful in Digital Marketing a specific set of skills is important rather than a mainstream background or long experience.
Career Roles in the digital marketing sector
Every successful, growing business has its targets and goals, but all of them have one common goal and that is to increase business revenue. Digital marketing helps to reach targeted customers across the globe to promote their products, services and more. Digital marketing enables companies to do this outreach in a significantly short time frame.
A career in the sector of digital marketing has ample opportunities with the promise of a better life style.
To be a part of this growing sector graduates no need to be well informed and well reading traditional marketing. Some of the roles that get listed under Digital Marketing vertical are.
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media Manager
- Digital marketing executive
- Digital marketing manager
- Conversion Rate Optimizer
- Search Engine Marketer (SEM)
- Affiliate marketing manager
- Inbound Marketing Manager
- Analytic Manager
- Content Writer
Search Engine Optimizer
The role of an SEO specialist or SEO executive is to rank a webpage on the SERP (Search engine result page) and gradually increase the traffic of the website. SEO related jobs are always in demand. However, youngsters need some high-level technical skills to be SEO experts. Roles and responsibilities of an SEO executive:
- Conducting off-site and on-site analysis of clients
- Keep attention to Google Algorithm updates
- Compile a report of performance through the Google analytics program
- Contribute to the blogs
- Conduct keyword research
Social Media Manager
The social media manager is responsible for integrating social media management and marketing to enhance the company’s social media presence. Social media experts should have the knowledge and understanding of each social media strategy, social media platform, and how to optimize digital content to make it engaging on the various social media channels.
- Create social media marketing campaign and marketing strategy by creating the budget planning, implementation schedules and content idea.
- Promote the company’s products and services on the social media network
- Conduct competitive research and audience research
Digital Marketing Executive
The role of a digital marketing executive is responsible for looking into the internet marketing strategies for the brand. The executives plan and execute marketing campaigns, maintain and produce content for the brand’s website.
- Manage brand’s website and digital marketing campaigns
- Optimize content for the brand and social networking platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Google, LinkedIn, Facebook and more
- Fix errors in digital content
- Identify new trends in digital marketing and execute them for brand development
Digital Marketing Manager
The role of a digital marketing manager is to promote a company or brand in the digital space. Some key roles and responsibilities of a digital marketing manager:
- Develop, manage, and implement marketing campaigns
- Enhance brand awareness
- Drive traffic and acquire new leads
- Measure website traffic, identify and execute new technologies
- Handling web analytics tools
Conversion Rate Optimizer
The conversion rate optimizer is a role that responsible for the brand’s conversion strategy and also the generation of leads. It’s a crucial job role in digital marketing. Here is the place to manage, test, and implement conversion points.
- A/B Testing, measure and track the performance of CTAs
- Optimize conversion paths
- Optimize lead to audience conversion rate
- Increase marketing funnel consistency
- Collaborate with all the team managers for email, blogging, social media posts to optimize every conversion path
Search Engine Marketer
In a small-scale company, all the tasks of a search engine marketer have been managing by a digital marketing manager. A brand when it’s a big one, there is a separate search engine marketer to target the number of clicks and leads from the assigned marketing budget.
- Achieve ROI maximum in paid search campaigns by collecting and analyzing particular data
- Track, analyze and report site analytics, and PPC campaigns
- Manage the expense, estimate monthly costs
Affiliate Marketing Manager
The affiliate marketing manager role includes responding to client inquires, generating sales leads, monitoring customer conversion, and activating promotional tasks.
- Give efficient customer support
- Manage consumer market agreements
- Manage the scheduling, supervising, closure of deals
- part in collaboration teams to fulfill the requirements of affiliates
- Organize activities like blogs, and email promotions
- Suggest process enhancements increase sales
- Do research and referrals to know potential customers
Inbound Marketing Manager
- Build and handle some quality content like blog posts, reports, webinars, whitepapers, etc. It brings qualified traffic.
- Optimize lead nurturing section and marketing automation through different methods like email, social channels and others.
- Develop, manage, and implement multi-channel marketing campaigns
The analytics manager role is responsible for the implementation of strategies and tools to convert raw data into business insights.
- Understand and intake the business needs and objectives
- Find, configure, and execute analytical solutions
- Lead and make a data analysis team
- Extract reports from different sources like IT, customer feedback, and operations
The content writer is responsible for both technical writing and general writing articles. The content writer has to write suitable content for blog pages, home pages, landing pages, SEO purposes and more.
- Must write original content
- Need to be error-free, and plagiarism free
Above mentioned roles and responsibilities are included in the digital marketing sector.
How to become a digital marketer
In this digital marketing field, there are many roles and job opportunities. The companies offer handsome pay to all the employees who are in the digital marketing field. The youngster may choose any of the roles above mentioned to start a career. They can be a skilled digital marketer if they follow some procedures such as
- Build skills
First of all, graduates have to fit in the role they have in digital marketing. Whatever the role they choose, they must be good in skills. Competition is very high in the digital marketing sector, so employees have to try well and learn everything from the basics. This approach will help them to become a good digital marketer.
The internship is a great chance to learn digital marketing techniques. It helps to improve their knowledge. This practical knowledge empowers employees to become handy digital marketers. However, graduates must take an internship as serious.
Digital marketing roles are different and can’t handle by a single source. In these digital ages, many top rank institutes offer digital marketing courses that will help people who would like to learn digital marketing. The certified digital marketers can get a job easily. This is a proper way to become a digital marketer.
Digital marketing is a booming vertical that offers several lucrative jobs. The career growth in digital marketing across the globe will be pronounced in the coming years Being a sunrise time for Digital Marketing, this is the best time to choose this as a career path; However, It is to be understood that knowledge, skill and perseverance are essential to strike gold in any career progression.
Are you want to start your career as digital marketing career? Just click here to apply and visit our page to know current vacancies.